Friday, December 29, 2006

Mish Mash

I sat faithfully doing my weights this morning, making a mental list of all the things I can blog about today...

Then I got on the treadmill, and found myself in endorphin heaven and promptly forgot the entire list... so, how bout a few headings:

More new babies!!

One of my dearest friends delivered a new tiny baby on Dec. 27th. SuperBaby is her blog.. but pictures can be found at Aunt Tabitha's blog. Time for a new time ticker-- I'll be flying out to Atlanta to see the new addition in February! Hurray!!

Redecorating: An update on the Water Damage:

The carpet in my second bedroom started turning ORANGE!!! I pulled it up, dreading the appearance of mold, but the only conclusion I can come to is that the file cabinet that I THOUGHT was out of the way of the water, started to rust. The insurance check finally came and I went and bought laminate to put down in the room. What an adventure! It will look so good!! Wish me luck with the installation! Once I find the cord to download my pictures, I'll post some! :P

My dining room is now the storage room for everything that is supposed to be in the craft room. What chaos! I'm going to try to get another utility closet to put in the room so that all of that chaos can be hidden!

Holidays:

They came and went awfully fast... work is insane right now, so I barely had time to get ready for them. We have been implementing a new learning management system (lms) for the last year, and wouldn't you know it... there are faculty members coming out of the woodwork demanding they knew nothing of it, or that they had no time to devote to their courses until the week of the holidays. :) so, while I've technically been off work for a week now, there's been the email, and phone calls and checking up on courses that come with waiting for the deadline. Granted, not all of it is the facultys' fault... I've done my fair share of procrastinating.... but it sure will be nice when we are done.

But this was supposed to be about the holidays, not work... My sister was supposed to come from Logan with her family... they were struck by the flu bug, and were unable to make it for Christmas. I'm anticipating their visit for the New Year.

We had a really nice program for Christmas Eve though, taking a cue from Michael McLean's Forgotten Carols. Each family was assigned a different carol from the presentation, and did an activity or told a story to go with it. It's official, my family is a bunch of blubbering crybabies.. but it's rare we take the time to share our deep feelings for one another.

Otherwise, I've been spending my time off sleeping in, spending time with my dearest friends, and organizing my chaos into sense. :) In some areas I've been overthinking my chaos into MORE chaos... so for those things it will be nice to get back to work and have some structure that keeps me from over thinking. But even those circumstances will all work out for my good, eventually.

Here's to a happy new year full of bright, encouraging resolutions and blessings for all of those I love!

3 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Hurray for Mish Mash! :D I can't wait to get the new ticker up!! :D

Anonymous said...

Yes my mom is so much fun! :) I plan to come shortly after my sister's baby is born, I promise I will let you know and we can get together for lunch or something. :)

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Hey! Guess what I just noticed!! Emily's birthday is the 28th of December, not the 27th. :D xoxoxoxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis