Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Flooding condos:

Good: I can feel like I'm vacationing someplace humid and exotic south of the border.
Bad: cold wet feet when I scramble out of bed at 1 am because the smoke detector goes off from water damage.

Good: Getting to know my neighbors who I never get to see because we are all so crazy busy.
Bad: Hearing the cringe in their voice, because the only time I call or talk is when there's a problem.

Good: My carpets needed cleaning anyway.
Bad: Outrageous quotes on the clean up costs!!! ($3100 for clean up alone!-- 3 units)

Good: Neighbors who rent rug doctors to start the clean up.
Bad: Moving all the stuff to use the rug doctor...

Good: Motivation to get Homeowners insurance
Bad: No homeowners insurance (Yes, I know.. no more lectures PLEASE!)

Good: Ambiguous Condo By-laws that can be construed any way I want them to be.
Bad: Ambiguous Condo By-Laws that can be construed any way I want them to be.

Good: All night parties to clean ???
Bad: No sleep-- I know it can't even compare, but I feel for all you pregnant ladies who have gone without sleep for weeks on end.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca...

Really. don't you think all night parties to clean is a bit of a stretch? I mean...I sure do admire your optimism...but from one die-hard optimist to another... sometimes flooding condos just suck.

I am very impressed with all the blogging going on here. Must be that Joe's Goals thing inspiring you!

Take lovely care of yourself...

Alison

Rebecca said...

ha! You notice it was the last item on the list?? I'm doing my best to be optimistic.. but you are right indeed-- floods are no fun.

I'm counting my blessings though. Last night my upstairs neighbor called me to come see his caved in ceiling in his daughter's room. Thank goodness all I have is a few patch jobs.

Thanks for visiting!!

Anonymous said...

Becca,
I am so sorry to hear about the flooding how awful. If I was in Utah, I would be there to help!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the list!
*contraction* 4:21 a.m.

And no homeowner's insurance lectures!! None from me! But you DO get SHOCK from me! :)

Yes, there's a distinct possibility of a visit!! I'm so excited! Aunt Susan made the offer of having Scooter, Emily and me come stay with them for a month or so--this is especially good if we can coordinate the timing with Jonathan's training class??? Wouldn't that be marvelous? We wouldn't get to go out and play, but we'll be able to spend time together. :D Hurray, hurray!

Anonymous said...

*smack* lol Just kidding. I know that's what RS is for... Just that other people have lives too, you know? I got an invitation from one of my friends here: "Drop him off whenever you like!" I can't drive for at least four weeks (that's when I was able to drive with Scooter). Kindly but unthoughtfully given. And how do you ask for the kind of help you need? "Excuse me, can you come clean my house for me once a week?" lol or "Excuse me, but I need someone to come babysit my two children for a couple of hours while I get a nap in." Just sounds so flimsy.

I DID get a nap, and in spite of a scary future of Jonathan's text message saying that the training starts 8Jan, I'm feeling a little more optimistic. I should do a Pro Con thing like you did--hee hee

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Is there a baby at the Josh'n'Jenni household yet? I'm going over to their blog here soon, but I had to ask!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

Hi Susan,

I called and left a message on your cell phone.. hopefully you've got the update by now. I'm going to delete your comment to protect your cell phone number.. but I'll save it for future reference. :)

Talk to you soon!
Becca

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca,
I finally was able to retrieve your message. I got a new cell phone and everything on it is different from the old one. I, too, will save your number - we may be communicating in the near future!
As for being a 5, I did talk to Jonathan after I left my message to you and I misunderstood also - she was at POINT 5, only 1/2 centimeter, which would explain why they sent her home. (I thought the exact same thing - why would they send her home if she was at 5?)
Anyway, I hope it's soon for her sake. Hope to see you when she comes out here. Thanks for the call.
Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis