Monday, January 29, 2007

Three Things...



  1. The inversion is so nasty... the smog/pollution index thingamijigger says that we are currently 3-4 times WORSE than LA. I walked out of Target tonight and I could actually TASTE the air. Gag!


  2. I watched the COOLEST thing while I was checking out at Target. The store security had been running around the store the whole 30 minutes I was there.. playing with their walkie talkies and hiding behind displays and fixtures. I knew something was going down. I had walked in to the building with two snotty girls.. who were acting kind of weird, but I didn't really think anything of it. I happened to be walking to the register and one of the girls was walking out at the same time-- not to the checkout, but to the doors. Just as she crossed the threshold, the cute security guy made a mad dash to the door. He confronted her and it appeared, asked her politely to return to the store. She resisted and was "helped" back into the store. She continued to resist and two cops came and handcuffed her!!!! Is that so cool?? It was really hard not to stare and watch the whole drama scene play out. My cashier was just as distracted. It was pretty amazing. You Go Security! anything you can do to keep the cost of my wonderful Target merchandise to a minimum is okay by me!


  3. I'm refinancing my house! I started the process today and did some pretty fancy negotiating. They are going to drop my interest rate from 7.124% to 5.347% or something or other... and the only cost was for the appraisal. They told me it would be $410 for the appraisal!! My jaw dropped... until I asked around about a reasonable rate for an appraisal and found that $300 is about the average. Well, I told the guy that the appraisal cost was a roadblock. He asked me what I was willing to pay, and just grabbed $100 out of the air. He talked to his manager, and they approved it! I was shocked and grateful. With any luck, the paperwork will be all done and I'll have a much lower mortgage payment with in a week and a half!


* picture is from the walkway at Buchart Gardens in Victoria, BC. Awesome trip!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

You're a bloggin' fool! And I haven't been by to visit for a while... xoxoxoxo Love the pictures of the room--will talk on the phone with you sooner than later.

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

So I didn't ask--are you going to use the money you saved by refinancing by visiting again? :D lol

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

*blush* I need to call you. :) I LOVED the Anne reference! In my fog I was trying to figure out why the word "croup" was bringing the word "ipecac" to mind... I finally figured out it was Anne and then I fell asleep and forgot all about she and her red raspberry cordial-forgiving bravery. :D

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

PIZZA it is! THAT, we definitely can do!! :D

It's going to be so much fun while you're here. I sat down after we talked to put together a list of stuff to do and got side-tracked with my calling. Which is good! But still! :) I'm still thinkin' about it, though. :D

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

IS IT THURSDAY YET, IS IT THURSDAY YET??????????????????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis