Monday, January 22, 2007

Feeling a bit artsy with this one. This was on Hug Beach on the Oregon Coast. I took it on my trip back there the beginning of October.

I'm pretty disppointed though. I have seen so many people have success with Picassa for uploading a whole slew of pictures to blog about. My previous post worked with Picassa, but my last few attempts have failed miserably. Austin thought perhaps it was a glitch with the updated Blogger. I'll have to take a look at the blogger notes to see if anyone has found a fix for that problem.

oh baby! does that have "geek" written all over it or what?? Gotta love it.

This is a very Austinish entry, isn't it? I just feel like rambling for a while. Work today was interesting. We have "office days" twice a month. There are seven designers in my office, and we are spread hither and yon through out the work week-- either working from home or meeting with faculty at other campuses or just making ourselves available for general questions. These "office days" are an attempt to build some cohesion and help us stay focussed on some higher level activities, rather than course support on a day to day basis.

I've been conducting these since November, and I've always tried to make sure that the things I plan are of value to the other folks in the group. We decided to read a book and have discussions on it. Once the "business" portion of the agenda was over, we really didn't have much time for the book discussion. What we did have was really good though-- at least I thought so.

We've been migrating to a new content management system, and the general feeling in the office has been like The-Little-Engine-That-Could trying with all her heart to make it to the other side of the mountain. Now that we are there, we can all use a little down time to enjoy the Vista-- oh dear BAD!! joke (the new system is called Vista). That's so bad i'm almost tempted to erase it, but I'll leave it for writing therapy sake!

So, now, i'm home.. after spending an hour at the gym, and cancelling my gym membership (effective on Feb. 15th). I need to make a plan to really initiate an At-Home program. First I'll get my Spare Oom finished so i have someplace to store my exercise ball and weights and all that fun stuff. The only things left in there are to paint the lower half of the walls, and purchase storage shelves so stuff can be moved back in.

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I LOVE the Austinish entry! lol Yes it's a rambler, just like all o fmine tend to be--isn't it FUN? it's so nice to relax and just WRITE! We did this writing exercise in 7th grade that I LOVED--free writing? Is that what it's called? You relax your brain and literally write down EVERYTHING that goes through your head and switch topics and just follow the course of your thoughts as they jump around. It's one of the most honest discussions I've had with my head. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis