Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Poem that Touched me today

I found this poem eons ago in a book I read as a teenager. Web searches for it in the past have been futile, but today, it magically appeared. :) I must have been in sore need of it today.

He Wishes for Cloths of Heaven

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths,
Of night and light and half-light;
I would spread the cloths under your feet;
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

W.B. Yeats


1 comment:

Joseph N. Anderson said...

Thanks for putting this up! Yeats is my favorite poet (I'm reading him right now). I think I'll post one over at my blog- http://anglophile1066.spaces.live.com. Come check it out sometime. Thanks again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis