Monday, February 19, 2007

Trips



Posted by Picasa
This was cool. Stone Mountain, Georgia. They carved this monument in the side of a giant rock in the middle of town. The three men are Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson and Jefferson Davis. It was a beautiful park, with EXPANSIVE grassy areas for watching the fireworks show. Unfortunately, we were too early in the season to see the fireworks, and the children with us would not have made it that long. It was a fun way to get out of the house and see something of Atlanta.
My visit has been cathartic.. in more ways than one. Tomorrow I head for home, hopefully to warmer weather and no snow. :D

2 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

:D Hello, hello! A whole vacation and one post! :D xoxoxo

Rebecca said...

i KNOW! Isn't that pathetic!

Here's my confession: I'm not even unpacked yet!:P

What can I say.. If i write about it, it makes the memory concrete.. :) I want to hang on as long as i can.

oxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis