Thursday, February 16, 2006

Men's Figure Skating

speaking of reverence...

did you see the Men's Free Skate at the Olympics tonight?

They are mere boys to me now.. which is amazing.. seems like at the 2002 games I could still fancy that the skaters were somewhere near my age and I could justify having a crush or two. But now, goodness!! they are too young to even think about!

Yesterday they were doing the long programs that had so many requirements and they all chose harsh, abstract music to skate to. As a result they definitly showed their strenght and skill with the jumps and acrobatics.

Tonight though, they are skating to revered classics such as Sceharezad and the Pirates of Penzance and they are more commanding on the ice than I ever remember seeing in previous years.. granted time can make those memories dim. But I'm very impressed. It's been a year of suprises, and i'm really enjoying watching them... If you can call it watching...

I'm trying to multi task and do homework and pack and pay attention to the events at the same time.. so my back is actually turned to the television.. Everytime Scott Hamilton gets an excited pitch to his voice I have to turn around and see what he's exclaiming about!!

whew!! feels good to blog again.. but back to my homework!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis