Friday, January 27, 2006

Over one, Under one

I must have made my mother crazy when I was a child. I remember spending hours with her fabric scraps, carefully pulling each yarn out of each piece to discover how it was made, or simply to feel the hand of the fabric and wile away the time. The end result was, as you can imagine, a pile of threads that could only be effectivly cleaned up with a vacuum cleaner.

To this day I walk up to people wearing clothing made of interesting fabric and ask if I can feel it. --NO, I leave the yarns safely woven on their bodies, I promise!!
A brief volunteer job at a This is the Place Heritage Park helped me discover a penchant for spinning wool. Alas, a lonely spinning wheel sits in my dining room waiting for me to give it some attention.

I've taken two or three weaving classes and attended textile workshops in Logan on several occasions. While I love going to the classes, none of it has stuck. Perhaps because it take so much time to settle into --and complete-- a project.

Who knows, but this week I found it. :D

This beautiful little loom showed up in my latest issue of Martha Stewart Living, and I'm just drooling over it. It is small enough that I could weave a square here and there as I watch a television show or need a break from my studies.

hee hee hee.. i guess this spoils Christmas! xoxoxo

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You can make things like this:

Martha Stewart Woven Crafts
:D

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ooooooooh, Aaaaaaaah, Oooooooooh... :D So much fun!! On a scale of 1-10, how seriously are you thinking of buying it, oh Miss-I-weave-while-watching-the-Telly?

:D xoxoxoxo

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Good morning! It's beautiful and it's supposed to get up to 70 degrees today--wanna come play at the park? :D

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

It spoils Christmas! Oh my! :) I'm thinking of you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis