Monday, November 27, 2006

What is love, anyway?
Does anybody love anybody anyway?

Can anybody love someone so much that they will never fear,
Never worry, never be sad?
The answer is they cannot love that much,
nobody can.

This is why I don't mind you doubting.

I love you whether or not you love me,
I love you even if you think that I don't
Sometimes I find you doubt my love for you but I don't mind,
Why should I mind, why should I mind?

Maybe love is letting people be just what they want to be,
The door always must be left unlocked.
To love when circumstance would lead someone away from you.
And not just spend the time just doubting....

Aaaaaahh.. all is well in the world when Howard Jones reminds me what the adventure is all about.

How 'bout this one:

Will you wake me from this dream
Life on anesthetic
Let me feel the joy and feel the pain
Let me really live it.
No time, no choice
Save my heart from the bland
Oh feed me, colour me
Push me through to the place I can make my stand

Rock the boat
And shake the tree
You've got to stir it up sometimes
Turn this anger into your passion
Don't just tow the line.


One more, and then I'm done. just want to share the beauty of his lyrics for a moment.


I could be someone you need,
Wrap you in blankets on dark winter nights
Be your best confidante, be the right compliment
I could be someone you need.

I could be someone you need
Keep you from burning in the hot summer sun
Roll you in clover, a coat for your shoulder,
I could be someone you need.

You need someone there when the world isn't fair
It's all just too good to be true.
Someone to care for you, issue a dare to you.
When the moment comes
You need to fly, fly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it... perhaps one day I should invest in a Howard Jones CD or two.

Perry said...

Spare a thought for the souls who cannot leave this earth...
The attachments bind so tightly, not a chance...
Not a chance of a new birth


I've always loved the depth of HoJo's lyrics too. Then there's the times that he describes exactly how you feel or exactly how you know you should feel:

Be my lover, be my friend
If it goes wrong we'll start anew
What else are we gonna do?

Kam said...

I, too, love Howard Jones. My favorites aren't coming into my head at present (probably because there's a soccer game on and people talking around me), but I certainly appreciate a good HJ song when I hear one. Thanks for the thoughts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis